TEACH WITH NEXUS
Our Services & Support
Nexus is here to support you in the development and delivery of online and professional courses and programs. Our Nexus Design and Innovation Group consists of instructional designers, production specialists, and program managers with extensive experience in online pedagogy and technology-enabled learning.
Our team offers a range of in-kind services in support of the College’s mission. To learn more about our services, including market assessment and consulting, instructional design, course production, and more, please email email@example.com.
Nexus instructional designers assist with course development and can collaborate with you to develop and implement innovative new strategies, instructional methods, and technology breakthroughs for online and professional education.
Here is what instructional designers do, how they can help, and what steps you can take to collaborate with one for your course:
- Alignment of course goals, learning objectives, and design
- Course navigation and layout for consistent design
- Creation of engaging, supplemental materials based on your content
- Design of experiential and immersive student learning opportunities
- Quality assurance (QA)
- Accessibility and usability support
- Training and support for using Learning Management System tools (e.g. Canvas)
- Converting your in-person course for online delivery
- Research new technologies and provide recommendations for implementing in the online classroom
Nexus provides a variety of production services to meet the delivery needs of online credit and noncredit courses. Our team helps instructors feel comfortable delivering content to online audiences by providing tools, techniques, and accessible support for every step of the process.
Our services include:
- Five enhanced recording spaces across two locations
- Wrap-around services for using enhanced classroom technology
- Enhanced production and teaching technology
- Full professional production studio
- On-location recording (e.g. facility tours, labs, expert interviews, etc.)
- Advanced production and editing capabilities
Finally, Nexus provides project planning and management, marketing and business development, and professional program management services for online and professional education.
Nexus tailors support for courses with unique delivery needs, including:
- Frontline instructor and learner support in online courses
- College-wide business models (Memos of Understanding, Compensation Policies, etc.)
- Marketing, promotion, and market research
- Program/course launch project management
- Target audience and user persona development
- Professional program registration and credentialing