PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CERTIFICATES
Lean Maintenance, Repair, and Operating Supplies
Time Commitment3 days
Must pass assessments with 80% or higher to receive a certificate and digital badge.
Earn a digital badge after successful completion of the course.
A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of this course.
Traveling to Ann Arbor?
Information on airport, hotels, local food options, and more.
Improve your maintenance operations. Increase asset uptime. Meet customer requirements.
This course focuses on applying Lean principles to the maintenance and repair operations of manufacturing or service facilities that rely on capital assets to meet customer requirements. Expert U-M faculty will demonstrate concepts using analytic and quantitative models, case studies, and examples from both the manufacturing and service sectors.
Through interactive remote-live sessions, you will learn:
- How to manage maintenance operations and assess downtime
- How best to manage operating supplies
Basic concepts such as:
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Predictive Maintenance
The course will also incorporate ideas and techniques for storeroom design and management.
LAPTOP REQUIRED FOR IN-PERSON OFFERINGS
- Introduction, The Lean House and TPM
- Maintenance, Process Mapping, Value Stream Mapping
- Downtime Data: Its Meaning and Use
- One-piece flow, Asset Uptime, and System Performance
- Maintenance Staff-Sizing
- MRO Inventory and Stockroom Management
- Lean Tools for MRO
- MRO kits, MRO vending machines
- Maintenance & Reliability Best Practices
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for professionals in both the manufacturing and the service sector, including manufacturing plants and a wide range of asset-intensive service facilities.
Those who will most benefit include:
- Professionals responsible for and concerned with improving maintenance operations and asset uptime to increase overall performance and support Lean operations.
- Any professional working in a facility/operation that relies on capital assets and asset uptime to meet customer requirements and provide better customer service.
Yavuz Bozer, PhD
- Professor, Industrial & Operations Engineering
Product Cost Engineering
Generate accurate costs for negotiations with your customer or supplier.
Dramatically reduce time from customer order to product delivery.