Online Master of Engineering
Energy Systems Engineering
Accepting Applications for Fall 2023
This field is crucial for addressing the growing demand for energy and the need to transition to renewable energy sources to mitigate the negative impact of fossil fuels on the environment. Graduates with an energy systems engineering degree can pursue careers in a variety of industries such as renewable energy, power generation, energy storage, energy management and energy efficiency, which are essential for a sustainable future.
#6 Best Online Graduate Engineering Programs
Michigan Engineering has proven experience in creating effective online degree programs designed with high-performing professionals in mind.
We empower students to learn about alternative and conventional energy technologies, the societal and environmental impact of technology developments, and the economic benefits of those developments.
The curriculum features courses on state-of-the-art engineering competencies such as:
- Energy Generation, Distribution, and Usage
- Transportation Power
- Sustainable Chemical Conversion
We are highly flexible, offering personalized plans of study that can allow students to address truly complex challenges. This is accomplished through courses designed by faculty members from across the University of Michigan, including the College of Engineering, the School for Environment and Sustainability, the Ross School of Business, the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, the Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning of Art and Architecture, and the College of Literature Science and Arts.
We prepare graduates to lead the future development of critically needed sustainable infrastructures among career pathways.
The Energy Systems Engineering faculty at the University of Michigan’s Integrative Systems + Design program educates students on sustainable energy generation, storage, and conversion. We are dedicated to promoting social consciousness and responsibility, teaching students about alternative and conventional energy technologies, the impact of technology developments on society and the environment, and the economic benefits of these developments.
- Develop the skills to analyze often opaque cause and effect relationships across various fields
- Learn about alternative and conventional energy technologies
- The societal and environmental impact of technology developments, and the economic benefits of those developments
For more information about the Online Master of Engineering in Energy Systems Engineering program and its admissions criteria, we invite you to join our interest list.
Sign Up To Receive
- Invitations to exclusive information sessions and events
- The opportunity to chat with program faculty
- More in-depth information about the program
- Tips and advice for creating a successful application
- Reminders for important deadlines