HELP & SUPPORT
INSTRUCTIONAL CONSULTATIONS – FALL 2020
In preparation for the upcoming term, Nexus is offering all faculty and GSIs one-on-one instructional consultations for Fall 2020 course preparation, design assistance, and recommendations. Our goal is to provide the support and resources faculty need in order to successfully adapt their courses for hybrid and online delivery.
To help us better understand your goals and needs, please click on the button below to submit a short course information form. Once we receive your form, a Nexus staff member will contact you to schedule an individualized one-on-one consultation.
Instructional consultation topics
Nexus offers instructional resources and expertise on a wide range of topics, including alternate course planning strategies for online delivery, best practices for teaching across modalities, integrating online exams and alternate assessment strategies, and leveraging online technology tools for student engagement.
- Planning an online/hybrid course & technology/connectivity contingencies
- Designing online assignments, assessments, and grading
- Creating interactive group activities and remote engagement
- Designing for synchronous and asynchronous delivery
- Developing and delivering video content at-home for a course
- Holding remote office hours and discussions
- Applying inclusive teaching strategies online, including accessibility
- Integrating a software tool into a course
- Using Canvas for a course and leveraging functionality
- Precording video content in CoE enhanced technology classrooms on campus
Email us at NexusDesign@umich.edu or ask a question using the form below.