SERVICES & SUPPORT
Nexus is here to support you in the development and delivery of online and hybrid courses. Our Nexus Design and Innovation Group consists of instructional designers, production specialists, and eLearning coordinators with extensive experience in online pedagogy and technology-enabled learning.
Instructional Consultations & Access to recording studios
Nexus offers one-on-one instructional consultations to all College of Engineering faculty and GSIs. To help us better understand your goals and needs, please click on the button below to submit a short course information form. Once we receive your form, a Nexus staff member will contact you to schedule an individualized one-on-one consultation.
We also encourage you to take advantage of access to our recording studios to pre-record content for the upcoming semester. Our team will connect you with safety training instructions and set up an 1:1 consultation in advance of your lecture recordings, in addition to providing on-site technology access and support.
- Develop tools for converting your face-to-face course for online delivery.
- Research new technologies and provide recommendations for implementing in the online classroom.
- Recommend experiential and immersive student learning opportunities based on course learning outcomes/objectives.
- Align learning outcomes/objectives to Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Create engaging, supplemental materials based on your content.
- Complete Quality checks.
- Complete ADA/Accessibility check.
Technology and Learning Management Support
- Wrap-up around services for using enhanced classroom technology
- Enhanced technology
- Full professional studio
- Advanced production and editing capabilities
- Frontline faculty and student support in online courses
- Training and support in using and implementing Learning Management System tools (e.g. Canvas)
Email us at NexusDesign@umich.edu or ask a question using the form below.